Monday, August 1, 2011

The Eagle


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Some more early morning battle violence. I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

Channing Tatum does a pretty good vague european accent even though all the other Romans seem to just be American. Donald Sutherland doesn't even try and even Mark Strong (who is once again trying to prove he can be in more films than any other actor in a year) puts on an american accent.

My god when did Jamie Bell get so hot. Even in Jane Eyre he's rather dashing. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he does in Tin Tin even thought I wasn't actually be watching his face.

I love the landscape of the North of England and that part of the world. There must be something way back in my ancestry that draws me to it, but I can't get enough of it. And I have never seen nor heard of the more primitive tribes of England's past. When you think of historical England you either think Dickensian or Victorian, something along those lines. You don't see much of the savage looking warrior tribes in film so it was interesting to see them here.

It was a nice little story and an enjoyable film, nothing spectacular but it held my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment