Tuesday, September 27, 2011

All Good Things


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

This film had the amazing ability to keep me completely disinterested. All the way through. I think it's the subject matter, the characters and the way they decided to tell the story, with the court trial framing device. It just never clicked for me.

It's a shame, it had a really really great cast including an unexpected Kristen Wiig still managing to be funny in a serious role.

I didn't know it was based on a true story until the end. Perhaps they were trying to stick closer to the facts rather than making something entertaining. It's a tough line to walk and I would never want to be responsible for something like that. And technically the film was well put together. I really loved those cool timelapse shots you can see in the trailer and the 70's period detail and 8mm film stock look they used in a lot of it. But in the end I just didn't care about any of the events or characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment