Saturday, January 14, 2012

Taxi Driver


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Amberly, Jordan

So what to do after coming home from Hugo? Well put on the shiny new bluray of Taxi Driver of course. It's a logical step. And it looks great too.

It's been quite a while since I last watched this title. It was one of the few early Scorsese films that really appealed to me. I've never been able to engage in mob crime dramas or boxing so this was always my favourite. That and I just love love love Bernard Herrmann scores and the was his last. And it's a masterpiece too.

Fascinating character, an understatement I'm sure. Harvey Keitel is sleazy as hell in this and Jodie Foster is so natural. But the scene I always come back to is when Martin Scorsese is in the back seat. He's awesome.

New York in the 70's looks like a real shithole. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment