Sunday, January 1, 2012

There Will Be Blood


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler, Amberly

This is as perfect as cinema gets for me. Staggering. My favourite film of 2008 by miles. And while I'm a huge Paul Thomas Anderson fanboy already I think he's outdone himself with this. I find it completely mesmerising, epic, filled with grand performances and great characters. Daniel Day-Lewis' performance, together with the direction, manage to convey a world of character and plot without saying anything. You can see the thoughts just rolling across his mind.

And Paul Dano, man I love him in this, you just can't wait to see him get it. The whole film is over 2 hours of build up followed by probably the most satisfying climax to a film I've seen. When I saw this in a cinema for the first time I literally had to restrain myself from jumping up and down screaming with joy as the credits rolled I was so happy.

So many great scenes, just so much love for this film, the cinematography, the music, editing and amazing and generous writing. Heartbreaking, hilarious, suspenseful, outrageous and all around Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment