Saturday, February 4, 2012

Marie Antoinette


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

I really appreciate Sofia Coppola's rendition of a historical biopic. She's presented as a Paris Hilton type. The slight modern slant not only makes the character far more relatable but also doesn't bore me to tears. There's something about always staring in this fantasy world of palace life and never addressing the real issues of the country that is so effective, keeping the audience about as in the dark as Marie Antoinette probably was. The accents never bothered me either.

Absolutely stunning visuals. The Hair, costumes, locations and food all look immaculate. Also The cast is populated with many favourites. Easy to win my favour, something Sofia Coppola doesn't always manage to do.

Perhaps a more relatable Marie Antoinette is not what the French public wants. But I do. I love ending it where they did too. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment