Thursday, May 31, 2012

Predator


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I first saw this when I was very young and the idea of something invisible trying to kill me gave me nightmares for months.

Watching it again now, even with the commentary track on, you can see the way the structure works to build the dread of this creature. Another of Stan Winston's masterpieces. An the invisible fx are just as iconic.

There's also a lot of that typical 80's action and of course, the action dialogue. John McTiernan doesn't seem too proud of that when he talks about it.

But definitely fun to watch again. Looks great on bluray, or at least the version I had. I hear there is one with a noise reduction pass on the print that went a little overboard. I think I have the original transfer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment