Saturday, June 9, 2012

Friends with Kids


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

So it's like When Harry Met Sally, only one step further. Can friends have a kid together and remain friends. I think you can probably tell how it ends up, it's the same as in that film.

But apart from the main couple and their strange experiment, the film makes a pretty strong stance that once you're in a relationship and have kids together you become horrible angry people that annoy everyone around you and having kids is just a terrible idea. I can get onboard with that.

There's other things about the film I liked too. Looks like Jennifer Westfeldt just cherry picked the cast of Bridesmaids. Kristen Wiig and Jon Hamm look to be having fun playing completely despicable people, the source of many extremely awkward moments.

This film seems to hit a sweet spot between a traditional rom com and the more outlandish antics from the Apatow school of comedy. I think this film gets that balance absolutely perfect for my tastes in romantic comedies. Its just the inevitable forced happy ending that still irks me. Adam Scott really sells it though. He's great.

On the whole I did enjoy this one just fine. It probably helped I was the only person in the cinema too. This one kinda came out of nowhere, I hadn't seen any ads or trailers for it. Pity, it's a step up from more of the rom-com's I've seen this year and deserves to find an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment