Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ruby Sparks


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Paul

A break-out for Zoe Kazan in more ways than one. She's great as the title character and has to navigate some tricky stuff but I didn't know until now that she wrote the film as well. Good for her.

It's one of those romantic comedy dramas with a slightly magic premise at the heart of it. And if you don't question the logistics of it too much and go along with characters, you'll have a great time. It's sweet and enjoyable and hits all the right beats and never feels much like a chore doing it.

I'm always a little iffy with the whole magical realism thing but I went along with this one just fine. I feel like it's stuff that's been tread before but it's perfectly sweet and the actors are all having a good time and I did too, so that ain't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment