Thursday, March 21, 2013

Drift


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Aaron

Was lucky enough to be invited to the World Premiere in Yallingup, where much of the film was shot and where I spent a good portion of my life growing up. A 6 hour round trip but it was quite an event, with 1300 people showing up for the outdoor screening and red carpet event. It was a very cheery atmosphere and there was plenty of spontaneous applause as the huge crowd recognised their favourite breaks on the big screening or saw friends and family as extras. It felt like half the southwest was there giving it support.

I'll review the film properly on its cinema release later in the year so I can hear it with proper sound and away from all the hype of the premiere but I will say I enjoyed it and it contains probably the most beautifully shot footage of surfing I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment