Saturday, April 20, 2013

Aladdin


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Michael

Aladdin just came out of the vault, so I picked up the Bluray. I used to watch this one a great deal when I was younger, I remember seeing it once at the cinema with the family and once with my year 2 class on an outing, and then many more times on VHS. It looks very different in HD, you can really see all the brush strokes in the painted backgrounds. Mainly I liked the songs, but I think then and very much so now, I still preferred watching The Thief of Bagdad.

When I look at it now I cringe a little at the post modern pop culture references from the genie. It seems to have started a trend that is so prevalent nowadays in animated kids films, especially the early Dreamworks CG animation that drive me a little nuts. Never bothered me as a kid though. This film makes me miss Howard Ashman and makes me want to watch The Thief of Bagdad.

No comments:

Post a Comment