Saturday, August 24, 2013

Maniac


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Well I haven't seen the original but I'd be interested to check it out. Taking Peeping Tom style serial killer POV to the next level pretty much the entire film is first person perspective, occasionally sliding out during killing sequences. I thought there'd be longer takes but they jump cut frequently making sequences easier to set up but a little less impressive to watch for me.

there's something strangely distancing about hardly ever seeing our main character. I thought the opposite would be true considering the audience is in his head the whole film. I did enjoy some of the kills, the make up effects were well executed. But the main character isn't that compelling and neither is the film on the whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment