Friday, January 3, 2014

What Richard Did


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

A very slow paced drama but a good showcase for the young cast who all equip themselves ver well. The story is so slight though, It's a film that really just takes its time and lets the actors improvise and be natural in scenes together. They create a realistic atmosphere but most of the scenes didn't add to the story or build tension or get me invested in any way, they just felt like filler.

Jack Reynor is the titular Richard. I've already seen him pop up in Delivery Man and I'm guessing that won't be the last of him I see in movies this year. This is his film and when things finally get going he's great. Also very easy on the eye.

It's beautifully shot, the editing feels sparse and the story more focused on character study than plot. So probably not the best film to watch at 1am but I liked it for what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment