Thursday, February 13, 2014

Are We Officially Dating? aka That Awkward Moment


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Oh man I've been so busy I haven't seen a film in almost two weeks! But I finally have a few days off, so I'm going to play catch up, even though the only movies out at the moment are terrible Valentines Day Romance movies. I can regret my decision later.

I really like all the actors in this one. All the young up and coming guys are individually the most charming guys in the other films they've been in. Put them together and they could be the super charisma team that takes hollywood by storm. And yet the script is so terrible and the characters they are forced to play such assholes that not even their superpowers can help them make an interesting or entertaining film.

It doesn't matte how much they call each other out on it, the fact that the characters are self-aware assholes just makes it worse. Filled with really poor exposition, blatant character shifts to justify boring plot mechanics, this one is a shiny turd.

No comments:

Post a Comment