Friday, February 14, 2014

Winter’s Tale


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Holy moly I can't think of a film I've ever seen that is as ill-advised as this. The production value on screen, the calibre of actors involved, all to service this.... story... oh my god. Akiva Goldsman is apparently high enough up the food chain that people aren't allowed to say no to him. And it looks as if he's just cashed in all favours and years of good will for this passion project. 

Miracles and the power of belief and the universe loves you and everything will be okay in the end kinda stuff shits me at the best of times but the ham fisted way this film works is just downright offensive. Really offensive. 

The bad decision making on display here is so horrifying and unbelievable it's amazes. I can't believe a film like this exists. Stunning and horrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment