Sunday, July 27, 2014

These Final Hours


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Kate, Lauren

As much as I enjoyed the film it was really really hard to distance myself from the locations and the people I knew in the cast. I was lucky enough to snag an invite to the cast and crew screening, so it was a great atmosphere and despite what I think was a faulty subwoofer that made the last third of the film rather annoying, it was a great night. But it does make it hard to view objectively.

There's a genuine bond that forms between Angourie Rice and Nathan Phillips that's at the heart of the film. If that didn't work then I don't think any of the amazing work by the cast and crew would have mattered, but thankfully they pulled it off beautifully.

It's also very yellow.

Well I hope to see it again when I'm over east, to figuratively and literally distance myself but also to hopefully get a better perspective on the rest of it, watching it with people that aren't involved. I think from hearing about the story when it was filming I had certain expectations or what it might have been but it was far more simpler than I had imagined, so it'll be good to see unburdened by those expectations.

So for now I'll say, I really enjoyed it, it's exciting to have a film like this come from here and get a good release and it's definitely one worth going out to support. Perhaps expect more thoughts on it in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment