Saturday, August 2, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

Fun space times the movie! What a bright and colourful and populated universe this film presents. I gotta admit I was hoping James Gunn would slip in some more subversive stuff in there but there's definitely plenty of crowd pleasing moments and funny lines.

As usual with Marvel films, the villains get shafted by less screen time and underwritten parts and the whole film is spent chasing around some mysterious object. But there's a good group of central characters here to follow. And it looks prrdy. Imax 3D was nice. A lot of aspect ratio changes, but not nearly as annoying as in Transformers.

I was hoping to enjoy this a little more than I did but my expectations were pretty high. Still it's a really enjoyable space adventure and Groot is probably the standout. That cameo after the end credits almost knocked me out of my seat too...

I'll give it another look soon and see if I like it any better without the expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment