Monday, December 8, 2014

Final Destination 3


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler, Kate, Andrew

There was actually much more of this one I remembered than I thought. Probably because this one has some pretty iconic kills. The one most seared into my brain is at the tanning salon. I think that's the only slow burn death of the series? It's pretty brutal. I think they try and make those characters as annoying as possible so you don't feel to bad when they die but they comes off as really cartoonish compared to the rest of the film.

I also remembered the drive through, which has a fun set up. But the most elaborate set up is at the hardware store, and easily one of the most elaborate death in the series with so many red herrings. It's well paced and I love the pay off.

The disaster in this film is the rollercoaster and it's really fun. And anchoring the entire film is Mary Elizabeth Winstead in one of the first roles I saw her in. It's clear to see from even then how she simply elevates the material. She's awesome.

It's kind of funny, by this third film death seems to have accounted for these premonitions in his design and taunts the victims by making them think they can save each other with they usually just seem to end up causing their deaths in a self-fulfilling prophecy kind of way.

It's got a fun ending too.

No comments:

Post a Comment