Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Goonies


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

I came a little late to the game on this one, I only saw it when I was in high school, but my older sister would watch this one. It's another classic kids only adventure film from the 80's. I'm going on a bit of a Spielberg marathon here, but if you want good holiday adventure movies, you can't do much better than the master in his heydays.

All the fantastic elements aside, this group of kids has a feeling of authenticity and camaraderie that is rare to capture. We are thrown in with these character at the beginning and you get the feeling they've been having small adventures for years and years before this.

It's another nostalgic masterpiece that instantly transports you back to childhood. Looks great on Bluray too.

No comments:

Post a Comment