Saturday, May 28, 2011

The 13th Warrior


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Bahaha that's the worst trailer.

So I've never seen this one before and was greatly excited when I saw Michael Crichton's name in the opening credits. John McTiernan ain't to bad either.

Did not know what to expect after the opening in what looks like an awesome matte painting from a Prince of Persia game. But it ended up being a viking men on a mission film which was cool too.

I like the mystery menace thing they are fighting, more when they don't know if it's a dragon or a monster or an army or what. There are some nice battles and viking culture stuff. I like how he magically just starts to understand what they are saying so everyone can speak in english, even if that did mean getting rid of Omar Sharif translating everything.

It's a pretty simple viking version of Seven Samurai or Magnificent Seven uhh except there are 13. Hmm. Jerry Goldsmith's score reminds me a lot of his awesome music from The Mummy. And Antonio Banderas's accent makes me giggle.

So there wasn't any cool science stuff from Michael Crichton, just a traditional band of brothers type thing. Quite fun but not something I'll remember much of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment