Tuesday, May 24, 2011

40 Days and 40 Nights


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Josh Hartnett is a bit of alright. Shannyn Sossamon has always been a bit on an enigma to me though.

This film was ok too. Pretty much what I was expecting, something easy to watch while I work on other things. Has a cool cast of supporting players but they don't have much to do. The usual amount on suspension of disbelief is required and you'll have to excuse the slightly offensive generalisations for both sexes for this to work but as it seems to be taking place in a heightened reality you go with it.

I liked the very self referential meet cute in the laundromat. Who would have thought that he'd find the girl of his dreams right when he started his lent celibacy? What are the odds right?

Nothing much else memorable from this one except a dreams sequence involving a sea of breasts which may scar me for life. That was horrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment