Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dawn of the Dead


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Probably the most popular of the series and certainly the one I know the best. Who hasn't dreamt of making camp in a shopping mall when the apocalypse arrives?

I don't much care for the start of this film though. I can never get into it until the small group is formed and they make there way out of the city in the helicopter. I do love that zombie whose head gets clipped by the chopper blades. Funny.

It's a very different film from the original. The whole style is different, far more modern. The colour really shows up the make-up as well, which is supposed to be grey but looks blue, the blood looks a bit pinkish too at times. There's also much more humor and I think, despite the extra gore, there's less suspense.

Watching it again now all I could think of the whole way through is how much Roger, played by Scott H. Reiniger, looks exactly like Brad Bird.

I do like this one. Actually I recall quite liking the remake as well but I have only seen that once when It came out. Anyway good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment