Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Point Break


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I say first time viewed and this was indeed the first time I watched the film in its entirety in one sitting but I had actually seen a lot more of it than I thought in bits and pieces over the years, it being a regular favourite of my siblings. This jumped on the list when I threw on Kathryn Bigelow's Strange Days a few weeks ago and thought I should probably give this one a view too.

Such a man film. I think I grew chest hairs watching it. And I didn't need Hot Fuzz to tell me that. It is a little silly but more importantly it's entertaining and a lot of fun. John C. McGinley is the funniest stereotype of a berating police chief ever. And that skydiving scene is so badass it's the stuff of legend.

Enjoyed watching this one all the way through, there wasn't that much I hadn't seen, a few details here and there mainly the love interest stuff. Nice to see it all together at last. Another in the long list of films I feel guilty about having not seen to be crossed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment