Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spanglish


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

A pleasant Sunday Arvo film. I had meant to see some more James L. Brooks films when I saw How Do You Know earlier in the year and have only just now gotten around to it. Again the dialogue is far more naturalistic than other romantic comedy/dramas. I guess this isn't really a romantic comedy but it has the same feel.

Sarah Steele really stood out to me in this, playing the daughter of Adam Sandler and Téa Leoni. I had seen her ealier in Please Give and she's just as great here. I was a bit dubious about Adam Sandler as I generally don't like his films but thankfully this isn't one of his silly comedies and he's just fine in it.

I'm of two minds about the ending. I love the open-endedness of it but at the same time it's just that tiny bit unsatisfying too. It leaves you with a few questions, which also means it leaves you with something to think about, a nice change of pace for a light comedy/drama. On the whole an enjoyable film.

No comments:

Post a Comment