Sunday, July 31, 2011

Finding Nemo


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

Again watching the commentary. I haven't seen this film in ages either but I do love it. As much as I like Randy Newman, I'm SO glad they changed it up for the first time and Andrew Stanton asked Thomas Newman to score this one, I love his scores and it sets the tone of this film so well. It's great stuff.

Surprisingly the creative team don't spend that much time talking tech, most of the time they talk about their story process and the many evolutions of characters and scenes. I guess that's one of the reasons their films are so great (as well as looking amazing, the lighting in this film is unbelievable and completely different from any of their other films).

I had no idea that kid from Weeds was the voice of Nemo. It's such a sweet little tale and has some has some great sequences, like the jellyfish and the whales. I liked heard about how the fishing net incident at the end of the film was inspired by a read event in Norway. I never really like that bit I knowing it's somewhat true makes it much more interesting now.

Delightful heartwarming classic from Pixar. They are awesome, we all know this. Great to watch this one through again.

No comments:

Post a Comment