Friday, August 19, 2011

Cowboys & Aliens


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Naomi, Alex, Kyla, Claire, Steve, Andrew

Aside from Olivia Wilde's character being a bit of a cheat I think this movie was alright. Looks great, sounds great, cool cast, good fx, story and action were alright.

There are some great Western moments throughout. The alien side of things were pretty standard though. At least I felt they were, although they did look pretty cool and the final stand off had some fun moments. It's missing something though, I can't quite figure out what, but it never gets to that next level of fun-ness, which you would expect with a title like Cowboys and Aliens.

It's ok though.

1 comment:

  1. I really didn't dig this. Firstly, Daniel Craig. I hate that look on his face. Just hate it.

    On top of that, everything seemed staged like a student film. It was weird. Worst blocking I've seen in a flick.

    Thirdly, that Olivia Wilde dead-not dead shit was so infuriating.

    I love Rockwell and Goggins but they were wasted in this one. Really wasted. This movie pissed me off.

    ReplyDelete