Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Abduction


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Don't underestimate the power of Taylor Lautner. I don't get it myself but I was surprised to find that at an action thriller I was probably one of the only males in the cinema. Just before the lights dimmed literally a busload of teen girls raced in and took their seats.

Well I hope they enjoyed the film more than I did. They got Taylor Lautner with his shirt off, I guess that's all they were after. He does nothing for me so I had a few more problems.

The fighting was ok. There wasn't much bigger action than that though. Maria Bello and Jason Isaacs are the best thing in the film and they kill them off 20 minutes in. You would never believe for a second that they were Taylor Lautner's biological parents so you expect to find out he was indeed "abducted" but when you do finally get the revel of his biological parents they are also both pale skinned and blue eyed. It just seems unlikely.

Even more unlikely is the extremely contrived romance between him and Lily Collins. If you are a regular school kid and just saw your parents murdered in front of you, found out they aren't your parents, had your house blown up and keep narrowly escaping being killed by professionals with all manor of weapons you're not going to laugh it off and have a little make out session.

Some horrendous dialogue. I don't know if good acting was going to save this. Hell, even Alfred Molina and Sigourney Weaver come off look like idiots. But some kind of charisma from either of the two leads would have been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment