Saturday, October 1, 2011

Take Me Home Tonight


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Perhaps it's just the 80's setting but I get a very John Hughes vibe from this one although the characters are out of high school, but It does play out as one of those kind of stories.

I love love love the design of the opening credits, it's a typical yearbook montage kind of thing but the 80's-ness of it all was just super.

Topher Grace is a charming lead. I see he has story credit too so this must have been something he wanted to do. Anna Faris is a B storyline that doesn't do much and Dan Fogler is just slightly less annoying than usual, but only just. He just has a nack for playing characters I hate in films I dislike, except for many Taking Woodstock.

Funky soundtrack, nice period detail, the film is enjoyable enough, follows all the beats of an 80's teen comedy romance but it does it well so, can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment