Thursday, February 9, 2012

Carrie


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

I her this one bandied about in reviews for Chronicle. I can see why the comparisons, and it's been a very long time since I last saw this classic horror from Brian De Palma.

Another Stephen King adaptation too. Been watching a lot of King lately.

What I found so refreshing watching this again is how straightforward it is. There really wasn't much more to the film that what I remembered, it's a very simple story and isn't bogged down in sub plots and extraneous characters.

Some De Palma split screen at the end there. And the infamous jump scare at the end that has been used by horror films for years since. Great stuff.

Piper Laurie is just so creepy in this role, she's playing everything so large, but really I can't imagine it any other way.

Classic horror, great to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment