Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mystery Men


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

Like Dick Tracy, even more so, I feel this was completely under-appreciated in its time and would play much better in todays marketplace.

I know this film bombed at the box office, I hear there may have been problems on set, but I don't see any of that in the final film. I really love it.

Again the production design is incredible. Champion City is beautifully realised. This is obviously a heightened reality. And one of those amazingly eclectic casts of actors I love and filled to the brim with cameos. Michael Bay as leader of the Frat Boys always makes me chuckle. In fact the whole film makes me chuckle. I find it's humour delightful.

Maybe it just hit at a time when I was ripe for it. It happens all the time though, I go nuts for films everyone else hates or have absolutely no interest in seeing even though they might actually love it if they ever did. Well, I'll keep on singing this films praises and maybe one day someone will give it a watch and think, yeah that wasn't bad at all.

Everything with Geoffrey Rush and Greg Kinnear is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment