Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Children of the Corn


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

My Stephen King viewing continues. I don't know how much this follows the short story but I do know King wasn't very pleased with the adaptation.

Well I don't think it's that bad. I quite enjoy a lot of it. Fun to see a young Linda Hamilton. Some of the kids are really good too. There's a kind of Midwich Cuckoos or Who Can Kill A Child? vibe to it with the added King religious frantic stuff.

It just so happens I got my hands on the whole collection of all the sequels, none of which I've ever seen, nor do I hold much hopes for, but still it might be fun to go through like I did with Friday the 13th's, Nightmare on Elm St's, Halloween's and Hellraiser's a few years ago.

For this first one at least, it actually holds up better than I thought. So we're off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment