Friday, March 2, 2012

Project X


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Yet another found footage movie, this time tackling an r-rated comedy about teens throwing a party.

Despite marginal efforts to the contrary there is little else in the way of plot and character. Just barely enough to string the events together and for what the film is trying to accomplish it's arguable that they needed any more than that anyway. It's really just about the experience of going to the most out of control party ever filmed.

I absolutely hated the main characters. I wanted more than anything to see them get their comeuppance but that never happens. Instead the film rewards them for their bad behaviour, much like producer Todd Phillips' Hangover movies, and leaves me feeling morally corrupted, which I guess is the idea. I have a fundamental dislike of loud crowded parties and drunk people so to see all this being glamorised really pissed me off. The objectification of girls in this movie is on another level.

But hey, what do I know, the audience seemed into it. If you love the trailer you can pay to get that stretched out over an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment