Saturday, March 24, 2012

Margin Call


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Jordan

Thank god I watched the trailer and read about this before hand. I know absolutely nothing about this world and there is an awful lot of jargon. Thanks to a great cast and a very heady but interesting script you do get the emotional beats, even if you have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

This is like a look into a fantasy world for me. I didn't understand everything about it but it still was fascinating and the direction is good enough that you get the increasing level of tension. Unfortunately for laymen like me it's never explicitly spelled out what is at stake so it was fortunate I knew the synopsis beforehand.

There is a chance this is going to be too alienating for some. Still they manage to round off some of the characters enough to make you want to see it through. And there's some scary implications in this one to leave you thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment