Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Headhunters


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

I loved being surprised by foreign movies. All I know about this going in was it was something to do with an art thief and it had the guy that plays Jamie Lannister in Game of Thrones in it. That's a great jumping off point because things soon escalate way beyond what I was expecting and it happens fast.

This is a film that's just begging for a hollywood remake, no surprise I read it was sold before its release. Probably because the author of the books and the producers of the original adaptations of them have already done so well with the Millennium Trilogy. 

I've only seen The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but already this is a great deal more fun and interesting that that was. I also think that in the original language it classier and more sophisticated than it really is, and any remake will just feel like another regular hollywood style fugitive story. 

Anyway, if you get a chance to see this one, check it out. A very pleasant surprise that feels expertly structured with not a hair out of place and with a few unexpected twists and scenarios I wasn't prepared for but revelled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment