Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Lorax


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Michael, Alex

The best thing about this film? Seeing the new Universal 100 years anniversary logo in 3D. Everything after that was downhill.

I never read Dr. Seuss books. I have no love or affection for them, but even I was pissed off at the adaptation. Also, I'm really over the whole Betty White thing, whatever that was in the first place.

This film has the most horrible songs. The score is great, but the songs are just tragic. They'll make you long for Alvin and the Chipmunks singing Lady Gaga. All the cute little critters they are so forcefully trying to make us love just fall flat. I didn't laugh out loud once in the entire film, and it doesn't take much to make me laugh.

The fluffy CG thing was damn impressive in Horton Hears a Who, a far superior and more enjoyable film on every level. Fluffy characters are not enough to save this film though. The entire thing is just bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment