Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Clockwork Orange


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Kim

Been a long time since I last watched Kubrick's classic. Seeing it in a cinema was also a first for me. And always nice to see it with someone watching it for the first time, lets you see it with fresh eyes.

We were watching a 2K DCP from the digitally restored version. No scratches of spots but still keeps the grain and a very filmic look intact. And honestly the I don't think a 4K projection would have made the slightest bit of difference, the resolution of the original film only just has enough detail for the 2K.

I was also apprehensive about showing friends the violence in the film but I guess compared to what I'm used to seeing now this is quaint. It's such a stylised film in a heightened reality too. I forgot how funny and British some of those performances are.

Very nice to see in a cinema and always interesting to watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment