Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rogue


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Tyler

Greg Mclean's follow up to Wolf Creek was a monster movie. One I quite liked actually. A bit part of that is the score by Frank Tetaz, which is one of the more beautiful and melodic scores for a horror film I've seen in a while. Really sells the majesty and beauty of the outback. 

Actually so the the visuals. This is a very beautifully shot film.

Populated by a host of recognisable actors, many of whom are far more famous now than when this was made. I didn't even remember Mia Wasikowska or Sam Worthington were in this. 

And I am still impressed by the effects. But probably only because I know it's a low budget Australian production and I just keep expecting them to be really shit. 

The set up here is a lot of fun but the fear never works as well as in Wolf Creek. Completely different films tonally though. This is a popcorn horror movie. I always want a bit more from the climax though. Still it's not often you get a good croc film with halfway decent production value so I'll treasure it for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment