Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stargate


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

A favourite of mine. I still feel this is Roland Emmerich's masterpiece. For all the spectacle of his disaster films nothing beats the heart of this one. It's still pretty epic in scope but I think James Spader is the winning factor. Kurt Russell is pretty cool too. And I've always had a love for all ancient egypt mythologies, so to combine that with aliens was just the best thing ever.

I've watch some of the series that followed but really I try not to think about that, the film has always been the only Stargate for me.

Oh and David Arnold's score is the greatest adventure score from my lifetime. Love it to death.

I watched the extended cut on bluray. I still prefer the theatrical, I think the extended shows its hand too early but some interesting additions. Such a great piece of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment