Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sorcerer


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

How we ended up watching this one is a rather amusing story, so naturally I won't tell it here. (I'll just say it has something to do with a very misleading title....) I've tried watching this film 3 or 4 times now but never made it over half way, it kept losing me. That probably says more about me than the film though. But now I've seen it all I can see why, the film really doesn't kick in until just over an hour in. That's a lot of, what I feel was unnecessary, set up time for something that should have been quite simple.

But this time I made it over the hump and got to where the suspense starts and form then on it was far more interesting. Some great suspense moments and set pieces.

Now I've never seen Wages of Fear and I didn't know this was a remake of it anyway so I had no idea where the film was heading. That could be another reason I found it hard to get through the start. I'd be interested to see how it compares now though. It's a great set-up for suspense even though, in this film, the outcomes where pretty predictable.

Mercifully Tangerine Dream's score is kept to a bare minimum so it hasn't dated the film too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment