Friday, February 4, 2011

The Emperor's New Groove


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

YAAAAY! This animation is such a departure for Disney which is one of the reason why I like it so much. That and I think it's the funniest animation they've ever made. It's much more in like with a Warner Bros. cartoon with some very post modern self referential and absurdist jokes, so there's no way I can't like it. So many favourite lines and gags.

I also love the design, the angular characters and the great minimalist backgrounds. The animation is, of course, top-notch. Patrick Warburton and Eartha Kitt do some great voice acting as does the always reliable John Goodman and I must say this is the film I find David Spade the least offensive.

It's not a disney princess musical, it isn't based on some famous story or book, it doesn't have big musical numbers. All plusses in my book. It feels unrestrained and just plain fun. If you're a fan of disney animation and have missed this one, fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment