Friday, February 18, 2011

Legends of the Fall


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

More James Horner and it was instantly recognisable as him. Well this is another film I can cross of the list of "probably should have seen but never got around to it."

I'm sorry Edward Zwick, your films are big and epic and technically well made, but not one of them has managed to connect with me. The closest was probably Blood Diamond but Glory, The Last Samurai, Defiance and now I can add this film, just feel hollow. I don't know why, they just don't get me involved at all. Actually that was the same problem I had with Love and Other Drugs but that's not quite an epic battle film.

The locations, cinematography and music are all great. The actors are alright. Good mostly. It might just be that I'm not an epic romance kinda guy. But I don't think so, I've enjoyed others in the past. Anyway I've seen it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment