Saturday, June 25, 2011

Heathers


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Amberly

I love my dead gay son.

I'm pretty sure this is where I first became aware of "teen-speak," that delightful dialect that exists only in films and television. No actual teen can be that quick witted or snappy with their conversations. It's almost like a musical, people just accept it but when done properly it's almost like Shakespeare, there's an art to it. I do enjoy it.

It's been a while. I'd forgotten the shoulder pads. This one plays with fire and that's probably the reason most people love it so much. It probably wouldn't even get made now. God bless the 80's. But it's a damn great script. I wonder how the original ending would have gone over.

Love the cast, even enjoy the very synth score. Great movie

No comments:

Post a Comment