Thursday, August 18, 2011

Conan the Barbarian


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Though I'd give this another look before seeing the new one. It's pretty great hey. And looks good on Bluray too. I got it especially for today. I also got the sequel. I don't know why, may as well, but it's certainly no where nears as good as this one. I don't know why they made it PG, Conan should be violent.

It's very pulpy, there's some classic dialogue, sone nice fighting, sexy times, a giant rubber snake. What I think I like best about it is the Basil Poledouris score for the film. Awesome.

I also like that temple set they build and all the extras they filled it with. There's something cool about going to the effort of doing that for real, not that they had the option to fake it with CG, but still, it's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment