Monday, September 12, 2011

Hellbound: Hellraiser II


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler, Jordan

Not quite as coherent as the first one, is it? Doesn't have a great story, or really much of any story at all.

What it does have is some great hell fantasy sequences and a heap of awesome make up effects. And I do like that they got pretty much the entire cast of the first film back. Love it when they can do that.

Apparently there are 7 other Hellraiser films after this. I think I've seen 2 others but really, at least from these two films, I don't find this franchise scary in any way. Perhaps it's horrifying to some, or I could understand being grossed out by the gore but not scary. There's a good chance the tone changes over those other 7 films, I don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity to find out.

At least the first one is an interesting addition to the 80's horror genre, it's certainly a great leap away from what everyone else was doing at the time. This one is more fantastic but ultimately less comprehensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment