Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Serious Man


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Tyler

More Coens! More! Another film I find completely hilarious, but certainly not to everyone's taste. In fact I remember getting rather cold treatment after watching it for the first time in the cinema, where I spent the entire time pissing myself with laughter while my friends stared blankly at the screen for 106 minutes and left baffled and more than slightly annoyed. They were seriously pissed off at what a waste of time this movie was for them.

We there's nothing I can do for them. And admittedly, I can understand some of their pain. There are a lot of baffling elements in this film, even more than usual for the Coen Brothers. But I also am of the opinion that that's entirely the point. It's all conjecture, who knows what the real purpose of this film is? But most importantly I find it a lot of fun trying to find out, and that makes all the difference.

The cast are all brilliant. The period created is very convincing. Photography is immaculate as usual. Love the music too. Script is hilarious and thought provoking (in my opinion).

I wanted to have a "MAN" double with this and A Single Man but once again time got the better of me. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment