Monday, October 24, 2011

Clean, Shaven


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Officially beat my record for most films watched in a year. And what an odd film to choose, but I wanted to see something I hadn't seen before. Apparently it's something a lot of people haven't seen before, I couldn't even find a trailer. From what I gather, we are following a schizophrenic trying to get his daughter back and getting caught up in a murder case, although I could be wrong.

In a way this reminds me of an even more minimalist Spider, if you can imagine such a thing, but with less comprehensible story and character and a darker more psychotic tone.

This is a very low budget affair. The image is grainy, the sound quality isn't great, at least on the version I saw. A pity, since so much of the film relies on the soundscape. It has a very disjointed feeling, which gets you into the frame of a broken mind. It's also very grimy, it depicts a world you don't want to visit long.

It has some interesting ideas and Peter Greene is good, but it didn't do much else for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment