Sunday, October 23, 2011

Polyester


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I recently saw John Waters' live show where he spoke about his career. There's a lot of his films I haven't seen so I plan to rectify this. I saw Serial Mom earlier in the year and that was a lot of fun. I don't think the story holds together quite so well in this one but it still has it's moments.

I thought this would be a good follow up, especially since I just saw Spy Kids 4 which also used a scratch and sniff card to produce smells from the film. Unfortunately I didn't have one for this film so I'll have to imagine. Aside from that, the only thing I knew about the film was it was sampled for the opening of that Frontier Psychiatrist song.

The film is like a over the top trashy soap opera complete with hilarious acting you might associate with the genre. Basically we just watch as Francine Fishpaw's life falls apart. Divine is just hilarious in the role.

It sits in that where it's extremely hard to tell if they are sincere or taking the piss, either way it's pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment