Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mother's Day


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Well, Darren Lynn Bousman's film is finally getting released in Australia. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for his next one, which, with the 11/11/11 date used as the title, only gives away exactly how late we get everything here.

I was talking about Rebecca De Mornay the other night with the friend that introduced me to The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, so it was great to see here again here firing on all cylinders.

For the love of god though please everyone stop killing Shawn Ashmore in your films. The last 4 films of his I've seen he doesn't make it to the end credits and it's very upsetting, he seems like such a nice guy.

A basic home invasion premise and a robbery gone wrong, one of those great "bad situation" scenarios that just gets worse and worse for the characters on both sides. I really enjoyed this film, it managed to suck me in and keep the suspense and action up with plenty of characters at their disposal to do horrendous acts to. Works a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment