Saturday, December 24, 2011

Shelter


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

This one almost slipped me by, as I'm sure it has everyone else.

I only read about this because the next Underworld film's trailer was just released and I wanted to see who these random Swedish directors were, Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein, and what they had done. I'm having a lot of trouble tracking down their Swedish film Storm but it looks like something I would enjoy.

This was ok. A thriller that takes a turn for the supernatural in the second half. I don't really like the whole religious bent of it but I was willing to go along just because I like the actors involved.

It's one of those films that has a really great set up for it's central mystery. I just happened to be discussing the disproving of multiple-personality disorders a few nights ago so that was fresh in my mind when this started.

Unfortunately it's also one of those mystery films that doesn't quite stick the landing. It's slick enough and has some good moments throughout and the cast are all fine, I'm just not sure I could go with their final explanation. I mean, yeah it works and it's not too bad but it's a little bit of a let down after the cool set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment