Tuesday, March 6, 2012

City of God


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Tyler

Wow it's been a long time since I last saw this it was almost like watching it for the first time again. Except everything kept coming back right before it would happen.

This film is just stunning. It feels so epic and moves at such a pace through all these chronicles of memorable characters. The editing really stands out as a feature here. Fernando Meirelles makes a big impression with this one, getting great performances out of non-actors as well as a sort of controlled chaos in his visual style.

I'm not really a big fan of gangsters or true crime stories usually, but when they are told as exuberantly as this one it's hard not to be swept up.

And I totally recognised Alice Braga this time.

So great to watch this again, I always remember loving it and it's still, in my opinion, one of the best films from the last decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment