Saturday, March 10, 2012

Long Weekend


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

This is an old Aussie horror flick I'd read about and been meaning to see for a while. Man it's creepy. Apparently it was remade in 2008 but I'm glad to have watched this one first.

It reminded me a lot of my favourite Hitchcock film, The Birds. It's a relationship drama that very slowly turns into some kind of metaphysical horror with no explanation. The fact that this couple are so damaged in the first place was enough of a drama but the last half really takes things up a notch.

It's a very slow burn from a simple set up but I found it quite effective. It's very dated soundtrack doesn't do it any favours but I do love that 70's anamorphic cinematography.

Great to finally check this one out, if you can find a copy it's well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment